23 May 2006

First Ever Big Projects



This is my first ever big project.. or shall I say my focus piece for 2005, the Gone Fishing. Chart wuz taken from 2005 Cross Stitch Collection magazine bought by DH during one of his overseas trip last year. Since he like this chart very much, I decided to stitch for him for his coming birthday in September. I hope I will be able to finish it by Aug the latest, b4 sending it for framing.
This design is rather big for me.. 204 x 240 stitches where I find it really challenging. It requires about 33 colours, and there’s a lot of colour changes within 10 x 10 square boxes. And all area will be fully stitched. Earlier I think to stitch in using linen, but after deep thinking I decided to stitch in on recommended 16ct aida. And I substitute Anchor floss to DMC and I hope it turn well once completed. And happily I like to report M almost in my 30% progress.



No comments:

Post a Comment