14 January 2009

Let's Play With Marble...

I played around with some butter, sugar & flour and eggs of course yesterday afternoon. Had wanted to bake the cake in the morning so that my kids can bring for their afternoon school. But as usual, I always delaying my work until I start at 4 pm.

I remember Chetam gave me this recipe 6 years ago, when I first bought my oven and I have tried few times before. The ingredients are quite basic and the instructions are pretty easy. And the cake baked well except the brown part looks a bit pale due to shortage of cocoa powder. I guess I have to make my way to the shop to get more cocoa powder after this.


I was smiling the moment the kids entered the house after their afternoon school and make comments that they smelled something that make them hungry. And this is how it look 15 minutes later - only a piece left for me & hubby to share a bite. Nope they didn't finished the whole tray, half a tray actually as the other half goes to my neighbours.




And this was our dinner last nite : long beans, sambal udang, oyster burger & chicken soup. Later when DH came back, he brought same crabs and asked me to fry some. Quite heavy dinner it was, with 5 dishes served on the table. I think I'm in the mood of cooking & baking yesterday. Surprisingly, we didn't managed to finish them all probably the kids are quite full after taking the marble cake. Sorry kids, you gonna eat these for your lunch today as mommy a bit lazy to cook.

Thanks Jurra & CT for dropping by... CT, I know U stay somewhere SB kan..

No comments:

Post a Comment